Saturday, September 16, 2006

A response from the White House

Today, September 16, I received a note from Melissa S. Bennett, Deputy Assistant to the President for Appointments and Scheduling:

===============================
Dear Mr. Feuerstein:

Thank you for your letter inviting President Bush to meet with you.

Unfortunately, we have had to make some difficult decisions regarding the President's schedule. It is with sincere regret that we must decline your invitation. I want to assure you, however, that your letter received every consideration. Thank you for your understanding.

The President sincerely appreciates your thoughtfulness in writing and sends his best wishes.
===============================

Hmmm. Now that is a little bit odd. Certainly, the President's schedule must be an awesomely complicated and full thing with which to deal. But I set no timeframe for the meeting. Surely he has an open spot or two in, say, February 2007?

Well, I probably didn't make clear enough that I was very flexible as to time and place for a meeting. So I will call Ms. Bennett on Monday to make sure she is fully aware of how easy I want to make setting up this meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home