Saturday, December 09, 2006

Another "go away and don't bother us" letter

How odd.

A month ago, the White House called to let me know that they would keep an eye out for an opening in the President's schedule, so that I could meet with him. Very exciting!

Today, I received the following letter from the redoubtable Ms. Bennett:

======================================
Dear Mr. Feuerstein,

I have been asked to respond to your letter inviting the President to meet with you.

While the President would appreciate the opportunity, we are unable to add it to his calendar at this time. I know you will understand that with the tremendous demands on his time and the large volume of similar requests, meetings such as this are extremely difficult to schedule even though each one is important. However, your suggestion is a good one, and we will keep it in mind should an opportunity present itself in the future.

I know that the President would want me to thank you for your interest and to send his very best wishes.
======================================

I have three reactions to this letter:

1. How very odd. It doesn't seem as though they tried very hard or for all that long to find an opening in the President's calendar, as they'd offered.

2. I have no idea what Ms. Bennett is taking about when she mentions "your suggestion."

3. I am glad to hear that the President would want Ms. Bennett to thank me. But I should point out that she never did, in fact, thank me; nor did she send his very best wishes. She just told me that the boss would want that.

Anyway, soon soon soon I will write a reply to Ms. Bennett and continue my odyssey!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Steven,

I hope that you were not expecting more. Our current administration is a deceptive entity that doesn't want your good ideas unless they match their own. I am glad to see a computer person like yourself trys to stay politically aware and is willing to share your thoughts. If that visit ever comes your way, dont hold your breath, let us know... :-)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Still no invitation?
This might have something to do with it:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/13/white.house.email/index.html
;)

Greetings from the Netherlands
beun.net

12:37 AM  
Blogger Sanj said...

ROFL esp at #3 :))

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home