Sunday, April 22, 2007

I know, this is pathetic.

I keep saying to myself: "You've got to write a letter back to this woman and challenge her dismissal of my request to meet with the Prez!"

And then I look at everything else I need to do and it is very hard to justify the time to write and send that letter.... into the black hole of what, I am convinced, will someday be seen as the most incompetent and corrupt presidency in our history.

I may still get around to it, but please don't hold your breath.

Instead, do any of the following, thereby making the world a measurably better place:
  • Donate some of your blood and/or platelets. Save a life!
  • Call your Congressperson and ask them to end all Corporate Welfare (payments of our tax dollars to companies to subsidize their business activity, usually overseas).
  • Go out for a bicycle ride, or a run. Anything that involves some exercise and does not have you sitting in front of this screen. GO AWAY!
See ya, Steven

3 Comments:

Blogger daloenni said...

HEEEY !! I love my screen! Don`t send me away... ;-)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Danilo said...

Hi Steven.
I was very surprised when i found out the existence of this blog.The idea of "meeting the president" (and in general any president) can be a very tempting act for anyone that cares enough about the place where we live.I am italian, and i honestly never had any wish to meet "any" of our presidents.. And the fact that you are so determined.. makes me wonder whether should i do the same or not.
I guess i will have to think about it a bit more.I hope you will meet that guy one day (well, he is just flesh and blood like anyone of us).
Cheers.
Danilo

10:58 AM  
Blogger World Citizen said...

You think you pay lots of taxes... Come on Steve. Your country is in the hole because not enough taxes are collected. Look at Canada and European countries, we pay between 50%-70% taxes, while New York state resident pay 20%.
However, our bridges, infras and social security system are holding.

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home